Integral University, a seat of educational excellence, is a premier university in Lucknow, the capital city of the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established in 2004 and is recognized as a Scientific & Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. It was accredited as 'Good' by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2015. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), the most prestigious ranking by the Government of India, ranked Integral University as one of the top institutions in the country in the field of Pharmacy in 2017, 2018 & 2019 consecutively. The University was ranked 'AAA' by Career-360 magazine in 2019. Integral University received the Award for 'Quality in Education' by ABP News in 2018. The Faculty of Architecture was ranked as the top faculty in the state in 2017 and 2018 by Outlook Magazine. The University hosts more than 11000 students on its large 120-acre campus and attracts international students from several countries. Around 200 foreign students from 19 countries are currently enrolled. The University lays focus and stress on research programs and the career advancement of students. Interactive efforts with eighteen renowned universities and research organizations and campus selection of students by national and multinational organizations bear testimony to these efforts. The University collaborates with some top MNCs and academic institutions of higher learning for academic enhancements at national and international levels. Sports (especially football) are promoted by the University.
Area of Excellence
The department of Pharmacy imparts a blended mode of delivery as the faculty is well versed with the ICT mode, which facilitates many pedagogical learner-centric techniques. The faculty is actively involved in design, synthesis & development of targeted dosage forms and pharmacology of drugs and herbal products.
Research Capability and Focus Area
The thrust areas of research are Drug discovery and development of formulation from natural and synthetic sources. The faculty is devoted to high class research with standardization of Unani and Ayurvedic, polyherbal drugs, isolation of herbal molecules, development and validation of analytical methods for medicinal plant and formulations.
Notable Research / Publication
1. Qadir A, Faiyazuddin MD, Talib Hussain MD, Alshammari TM, Shakeel F. Critical steps and energetics involved in the successful development of a stable nanoemulsion. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2016; 214: 7-18. (I.F.4.561 )
2. Usmani A, Mishra A, Ahmad M. Nanomedicines: a theranostic approach for hepatocellular carcinoma. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2018; 46(4):680-690. (I. F. 4.462)
3. Usmani A, Mishra A, Arshad M, Jafri A. Development and evaluation of doxorubicin self-nano emulsifying drug delivery system with Nigella Sativa oil against human hepatocellular carcinoma. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2019; 47(1):933-944. doi: 10.1080/21691401.2019.1581791. (I. F. 4.462)
4. Prakash O, Usmani S, Singh R, Singh N, Gupta A, Ved A. A panoramic view on phytochemical, nutritional, and therapeutic attributes of Ziziphus mauritiana Lam.: A comprehensive review. Phytotherapy Research 2021, 35 (1), 63-77. (I.F. 4.087).
5. Akhtar J, Siddiqui HH, Fareed S, Badruddeen, Khalid M, Aqil M. Nanoemulsion: for improved oral delivery of repaglinide. Drug Deliv. 2016; 23(6):2026-2034. (I. F.3.829 ).
6. Ali A, Ahmad U, Akhtar J, Badruddeen, Khan MM. Engineered nano-scale formulation strategies to augment the efficiency of nutraceuticals. Journal of Functional Foods, 2019, 62, 103554. (I.F. 3.701)
7. Harshita, Barkat MA, Rizwanullah M, Beg S, Pottoo FH, Siddiqui S, Ahmad FJ. Paclitaxel-loaded nanolipidic carriers with improved oral bioavailability and anticancer activity against human liver carcinoma. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2019; 20(2):87. doi: 10.1208/s12249-019-1304-4. PMID: 30675689. (I.F. 3545).
8. Shoaib A, Badruddeen, Dixit RK, Ganash M, Barreto G, Ashraf GM, Siddiqui HH. Beneficial effects of n-hexane bark extract of Onosma echioides L. on diabetic peripheral neuropathy. J Cell Biochem. 2019;120 (10):16524-16532. doi: 10.1002/jcb.28912. Epub 2019 May 17. PMID: 31099436. (I.F. 3.448)
9. Mohemmed Faraz Khan, Garima Verma, Perwez Alam, Mymoona Akhter, Md Afroz Bakht, Syed Misbahul Hasan, Mohammad Shaquiquzzaman, Mohammad Mumtaz Alam “Dibenzepinones, dibenzoxepines and benzosuberones based p38α MAP kinase inhibitors: Their pharmacophore modeling, 3D-QSAR and docking studies, Computers in Biology and Medicine, 110, 175-185(2019)
10. Shoaib A, Siddiqui HH, Dixit RK, Siddiqui S, Deen B, Khan A, Alrokayan SH, Khan HA, Ahmad P. Neuroprotective Effects of Dried Tubers of Aconitum napellus. Plants. 2020; 9(3):356. https://doi.org/10.3390/plants9030356 (I.F. 3.390).